Real Time Location Systems offer a number of benefits to hospitals–from saving time, to saving money, and even potentially saving lives. Here are five concrete examples of how RTLS tracking can benefit hospitals everywhere.
- Track items. One of the primary reasons that many organizations–including hospitals–become interested in asset tracking is the simple need to keep tabs on where various items are located. This need is especially important in the fast-paced healthcare industry, where locating equipment quickly and efficiently is a pressing concern.
- Maximize item and equipment availability. Apart from simply knowing where items and equipment are located, RTLS tracking can also help ensure that items are kept clean and ready for use. Between the increased efficiency in locating equipment and the increased control in equipment maintenance, it is reasonable to expect equipment to be more readily available when the need may arise.
- Help keep pharmaceuticals under proper storage conditions. State of the art Bluetooth asset tags can do more than simply display location–they also offer sensors that can monitor environmental factors such as temperature and humidity. The Facility Team’s software can even track and display a detailed history of these environmental factors. This can be a valuable tool that helps insure that pharmaceuticals (and other sensitive assets) are kept under ideal storage conditions.
- Manage space. Asset tags can also be used to manage space more effectively. Managing room availability, for example, can play a valuable role in preserving both efficiency and privacy.
- Respond to emergency situations. From biomedical hazards to chemical leaks to violent patients–hospitals must be prepared for a number of potential emergencies. Asset tags can help staff respond quickly and effectively if and when something does go wrong.
To learn more about the uses and benefits of asset tags, visit more posts from the new Facility Team blog!